May 13, 2009

Day 10!

Today was more relaxed, which is nice since we've been so busy lately. We had a history/culture class and then our language class. Today there were a lot of news cameras and reporters at the school to do their stories on us. I was in a few pictures for the newspaper, so hopefully I will get my hands on a copy of that somehow. After classes and lunch, we stuck around UEF and hung out with the English Club for a few hours. They had us playing games and talking to each other about the differences between our schools. It was a lot of fun. The students are probably one of my favorite parts about this trip. They are all so interested in talking to us and are very friendly. The games were a little embarassing, but my partner and I won one, so that was fun. Later, we played a soccer game against the UEF team. I haven't played soccer for a long time, but it was still a lot of fun. Their team was really good, but I think it was a pretty even matchup.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like every one was having fun at the water park. Was it a newspaper or tv news reporter that where interviewing you guys. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newspaper was today, and they had TV cameras yesterday, so I'm not really sure what exactly was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty interesting . Did you happened to get a newspaper?
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. The newspaper will be out next week sometime, so Dr. Berman will get us a copy since he's staying a while longer than us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH SPEAKING,AND UNDERSTANDING THE LANGUAGE ?? UNCLE BOB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fortunately, I haven't been caught in a situation where I really needed to know Vietnamese. We're going to the market today, so that might be a little tough, but most of the Vietnamese know just enough to sell what they have and know our money. You can actually use US dollars almost anywhere in the city, or a combination of USD and Vietnam Dong. The taxi drivers and vendors all know English, though. As do all of the waiters and hostesses at restaurants, which is helpful.

    ReplyDelete